MKGPRO is an organization that provides funding for Active Law Enforcement Officers to purchase a home in the community in which they serve.
• The amount of MKGPRO (Muskegon Police Residency Ownership) commitment will be based on several factors including neighborhood, condition of home, and school choice.
• Active Sworn Officers will identify the home and submit the address to MKGPRO with a commitment letter.
• First year payment will be received upon closing. Quarterly payments are made after the first year.
• Officer may sell the home or discontinue residency at any time however the MKGPRO payments will cease.
• Officers must remain Active Sworn Officers to remain part of the MKGPRO program.
Enrollment is limited so act quickly.
“MKGPRO brings Cops and Community together to build strong neighborhoods and relationships.”
Chief Jeffery Lewis – Director of Public Safety, City of Muskegon
“The MKGPRO program is a partnership between the Community and Cops which, encourages officers to live in the community they work.”
Dr. Joseph E. Thomas, Jr – Chief of Police
City of Muskegon Heights
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the first step to apply?
The first step is to give us a call at 231-722-6691 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will ask for some basic information that will start the grant process.
Do my children have to go to school in the home’s school district?
No, there are many great schools in our area and through school of choice your children may attend any one of them.
Where do I have to purchase a home to qualify for the program?
An active sworn officer and their family may purchase a home in any of the Muskegon or Muskegon Heights neighborhoods to qualify for the program. The area and state of the home will determine the total MKGPRO financial commitment to the officer. Grants will be made in amounts ranging from $250 – $5,000 per year.
How will we receive the money from MKGPRO?
MKGPRO will issue a check for the first year to the sworn officer upon closing. The checks will continue quarterly for up to 5 years while the sworn officer is working for Muskegon or Muskegon Heights police departments and living in the home.
Do we have to pay the money back?
No, this is a program designed to get law enforcement officers living in the community in which they serve.
Recently Paul Billings of WUVS 103.7 The Beat recently interviewed our first Muskegon Heights Police Officer recipient and Max McKee of MKGPRO to learn more about the program. To listen to the interview click here.
Get in Touch
Muskegon Police Residency Ownership – MKGPRO
560 Mart St, Muskegon, 49440
Send Us a Message
Copyright MKGPRO Name 2019 – All rights reserved